Basic CPR and AED certification training for non-medical providers is based on the most current science and guidelines, students master necessary skills for the administration of CPR and AED. The program covers sudden cardiac arrest, heart attack, stroke, airway obstruction, and use of an automated external defibrillator. This is an excellent course for most communities, organizations, groups and individuals seeking to gain proficiency is handling CPR and AED required emergencies while professional help is on the way.
How Remote Skills Verification works:
When you purchase the CPR/AED RSV, we will send the video link to your email, and another link to schedule you skill assessment within the same link. When you complete the online segment of the class, we will deliver your equipment to your front door within a few days of your scheduled skills assessment. On you scheduled day you will need a computer with a camera and microphone to interact with the instructor online. Upon completion you will receive your certification.
Individuals who require or desire elementary ﬁrst aid knowledge and skills; including emergency response teams in business and industry, school bus drivers, adult residential care personnel, child care workers, teachers, parents, and babysitters.
None (covers all ages)
ASHI-approved training materials
- ASHI Basic First Aid Student Handbook (one per participant, print or digital)
- ASHI Basic First Aid media presentation (program video, PowerPoint ® , or computer/online blended class)
Successful completion (certification)
- Written evaluation: Required when speciﬁed by organizational, local, or state regulation. It is recommended for designated responders with a duty or employer expectation to respond in an emergency and provide ﬁrst aid care.
- Performance evaluation: All students must perform required skills competently without assistance.
Recognized certification period
Up to 2 years
Recommended time to complete
- Initial training: 2–2.5 hours
- Renewal training: Less than initial instructional time Combine with CPR and AED
- First Aid Provider
- Legal Considerations
- Recognizing an Emergency
- Deciding to Help
- Personal Safety
- Disease Transmission and Universal Precautions
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Primary Assessment—Unresponsive
- Unresponsive and Breathing—Recovery Position
- Primary Assessment—Responsive
- Secondary Assessment
- Control of Bleeding
- Internal Bleeding
- Managing Shock
- Impaled Object
- Open Chest Injury
- Open Abdominal Injury
- Head, Neck, or Back Injury
- Heat Emergencies
- Cold Emergencies
- Emergency Moves
- Emotional Considerations
- Swollen, Painful, Deformed Limb
- Impaled Object in the Eye
- Chemicals in the Eye
- Injured Tooth
- Sudden Illness
- Altered Mental Status
- Diabetic Emergencies
- Breathing Difﬁculty, Shortness of Breath
- Severe Allergic Reaction
- Pain, Severe Pressure, or Discomfort In Chest
- Severe Abdominal Pain
- Bites and Stings
Optional program content
- Metered-Dose Inhalers
- EpiPen ® Auto-Injectors
- NOTICE: If you no-show on your scheduled class, we will reschedule you to another class without charge. If you no-show for two classes in a row then you will be required to re-register for the course.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.